AAAAAH!!! My kids just finished school and today has been insane. You know how it is, you have to constantly be planning something or your kids literally end up sitting on their electronic “digital babysitter’ devices all summer long.
As you know our family is super active and I love my kids to be immersed in culture and experiences. I figured I needed to make a schedule of fun things to do this summer not only for me, but to share with you.
- We are big theatre people! This weekend is the perfect ‘family day’ to hit up the incredible production of Roald Dahl’s Matilda the Musical . On Sunday, June 9th at 1pm. I’ll be there with K and there will be a complimentary pre-show experience with plenty of activities for kids, including a very special meet and greet with Matilda and a ready by a cast member from Roald Dahl’s beloved novel. Use code FAMILY online or at the box office for a discounted Family 4-Pack of tickets. I hope to see you there this Sunday! If not, Matilda will also be playing through June 23rd.
- Ginza Holiday Festival – This is a Japanese Street Fest by the Midwest Buddhist temple in Old Town. This fun event is for children ages 4 and up and is FREE for kids, only $5 for adults.
- Flores y Cafe – Need an insta moment with your littles? Check out the Freehand Hotel for a blooming pop up with Flowers For Dreams at Café Integral. Purchase flowers from their truck knowing that every bouquet benefits an incredible local charity, plus imagine a food truck in florals!
- Chicago Botanic Garden – we love this place! I come here with kiddos all the time to picnic, walk around, learn about vegetation. July 5th – 7th there will be an art fest in the gardens filled with live music, food and 95 different artists. See you there!
- MCA – I am a big art advocate as I went to art school and have been a creative my entire life. Museum Days start in the fall but for now, why not get your kiddos and an art pad and create, create, create. The museum always has fun exhibits perfect for kids and their clever modern brains!
- Millenium Park – hosts a bunch of events in the summer daily. You can check out the schedule HERE and the best part, they are all FREE.
- WNDR Museum – We are so lucky to have this gem in Chicago! Get creative, start to wonder and check out this magical place. I can’t wait to take my kiddos there next week and explore.
- A Kid Market – This is super cool. It’s literally a market for kids, by kids. Let’s support these little entrepreneurs and creators. Sponsored by Antique Taco! Can’t wait to check it out.
- WOW In The World Pop-Up – This show sounds like super fun. Partly science, partly wonder and a ton of imagination.
- VOLTA – I can’t complete this write up without mentioning my favorite circus of all time. We love Cirque du Soleil and they are HERE! I’m taking my kiddos next week and can’t wait to see what the show has up it’s sleeve this year.